Fresh, rich greens, loads of vegetables and an added twist… this summer salad is a summer dinner idea you’ll make time and time again.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: —
What You Need:
- 3 cups arugula
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 oz. canned tuna
- 10 oz. mozzarella balls, cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- ¾ cup black olives, cut in rounds
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste (optional)
For this summer salad recipe, combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss gently. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, chives, scallions, and serve.
Easy Summer Salad Additional Tips:
For added flavor, drizzle this summer salad with a balsamic vinegar glaze.
You can also replace the mozzarella balls with feta or tofu, and switch out the tuna for grilled or baked chicken depending on your protein preferences.
For an added crunchy texture, mix in chopped almonds, walnuts or seeds like pumpkin or flax.